Building collaborative and cross generational relationships between emerging environmental leaders and veteran conservationists.
Mentorship participants since 2017
Career changes or advancements by mentees with support of their mentors
Hours of mentoring since 2017
About The Mentorship Program
Together, participants gain perspective, find community and connection, discover solutions and solidarity, and bridge the generational and cultural gaps in the environmental sector.
Participants in the program are not required to complete a project, task, or reports. Rather, we encourage both the Mentor and Mentee to set personal and professional goals for their 12-month experience in the programme during their first two meetings. CoalitionWILD places an emphasis on co-learning, co-creating, and co-mentoring throughout the program, highlighting the importance of cross-generational interactions and conversations.
Why you should apply as Mentee: Many successful people credit having a good mentor as a key factor to their success. A mentor is an invaluable resource to shift from surviving to thriving in your field, to gain insight into past experiences and tricks of the trade, can increase and improve networks, and can provide feedback on working styles, attitude, technical knowledge, methodologies, etc. This programme provides the opportunity to expertly match you with a committed and experienced mentor in a casual but structured environment.
Why you should apply as Mentor: Being successful in what we do is not only measured by our outputs, reports, implemented projects, or funds raised, but also by the road we pave and the legacy we leave. Investing your time into an emerging conservationist enables and supports not only future generations, but also the future of our planet. This program it built upon an understanding of equal exchange, providing you with the platform to also learn from your partner, gain a new perspective, and reenergize your passion.
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY & EXPECTATIONS
Mentors should hold at least 10 years of experience in a related environmental field or topic.
Mentees must be 35 years of age or younger by the start of the program.
Prior to submitting your application, please consider the following expectations for your involvement:
1) A commitment to consistent meetings with your mentorship partner for a 12-month period. We suggest meeting two times per month for one hour per meeting, however the actual amount that you meet will be mutually agreed on by you and your pair.
2) Be actively involved by attending group meetings, responding to emails and requests from organizers, and communicating with other participants.
3) Provide feedback on the program throughout the year.
4) Uphold confidentiality between you and your pair. Form a relationship based on trust and respect.
5) Have fun and invest in your engagement! What makes this program great is YOU. The more you interact within the program, the more you and others will receive.
Participants come from countries all over the world, which allows for a sharing of global best practices.
Core to the program is encouraging dynamic dialogue surrounding intergenerational knowledge sharing.
This program builds a foundation for on-going support between pairs and participants even after it ends.